Shoes, Dancewear and Hair
You may order dance attire from the following link:
- Arrow Down to “Company Shoe and Attire” info if your child is an Apprentice, Junior or Senior Company member; (Leotards shown are not mandatory but a black leotard of some sort is) OR
- Arrow Down to “Regular Class Dress Code” – if your child is not a Company member. Leotards shown are examples and are not mandatory.
- Dance shoes are often 2 sizes smaller or larger than street size. Be sure to look at sizing info carefully before ordering.
- Pink ballet shoes for ballet
- Black tap shoes for tap
- Foot Undies for Contemporary
- Tan jazz shoes for jazz; and
- Black tennis shoes with black trim (no white on soles or on shoe) for hip hop.
- These are the only colors we will accept for our performances – which means if you purchase different colored shoes at the beginning of the year, you will be expected to purchase the correct shoes before their first performance in December.
- Preballet, Kinderdance, Ballet/Tap, and Ballet- Females wear leotards and tights and males wear black sweats or dance pants and fittied t-shirt .
- Ballet- Female Apprentice, Juniors and Seniors – Black leotard/ tights
- Contemporary and Jazz– Leggings and/or dance pants with fitted shirt. No Shorts.
- Hip Hop– Leggings, joggers, shorts and looser fitted clothing are all acceptable.
- No jeans… EVER – for any class.
- Students need appropriate shoes and attire for each class. Students who arrive without appropriate shoes/attire may be asked not to participate in class, but are welcome to watch.
- Hair that is to the shoulders and longer should be pulled back away from the face and neck before class begins. High ponytails and buns work well. Please pin long bangs back so they are not in the face.